Thursday, January 14, 2010

Homemade Condiments, etc.


I'm slowly trying to build up the skills to make a sandwich completely from scratch. I started by making mayonnaise, which is really simple and definitely worth the tiny bit of effort it takes. If you haven't had homemade mayo you haven't lived.



It's so good I started eating it alone on slices of bread. The rosemary and garlic are really what made it great but you can put anything you want in it. I'm thinking the next batch will have fried capers.


After that I made kimchi. Also real simple.



Next time I will definitely take the time to find Korean chili flakes instead of substituting cayenne pepper. I put way too much cayenne and had to rinse this shit like five times because it hurt so bad it gave me the hiccups.

Pickled some green beans too but to be honest I never used them in a sandwich, only as a side.



I'm more than happy to share these recipes with anyone who's interested, btw.

3 comments:

  1. marlies i want some homemade mayo plz. kthnxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade Mayo for President!

    check this one out:
    thinly sliced cucumber, fresh spinach, sharp red onion, cream cheese and sriracha on a roll.

    you might not believe it but Cream Cheese And Sriracha is one of the ultimate best taste-combinations ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude yr blowing my mind! you slice harvestin' this weekend cuz i'll probs be around i'd love to discuss sandwich over pizza or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete