Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bacon Egg 'N' Cheese x2




After my first bacon, egg, and cheese post I thought maybe I should leave it at that but I realized that it is a most versatile sandwich and its many varieties deserve to be acknowledged.

I intended on making this first sandwich real simple, classic b.e.c. style and at the last minute added some mushrooms and onions to the eggs.

This second one is on a slice of this bread my mom made last night. I suppose it's an open faced sandwich. I put a bit of mayo and a bit of ketchup, not something I usually do but I was too lazy to cut a tomato. Delicious nevertheless.

I suggest clicking the pics for a larger than life sandwich experience.

3 comments:

  1. arrrgghh your blog is gonna make me bust the seams of each and every one of my layers of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog from looking at google analytics and finding out that a couple people clicked over to Slice Harvester from your profile. this shit rules! let's do some crossover blogging. you come eat pizza with me, then another day we can eat some sandwiches.

    i was just reading through some old zines i wrote, having some kind of goofy new decade nostalgia for two decades-ago, and a ton of them have sandwich "recipes" in them. some classics include the Poor Tony Danza, which was a tuna salad sandwich on a pumpernickel bagel with M&Ms on it, and the Chesapeake, which was lemon garlic marinated tofu on a baguette with arugula, raw onion, tomato slices and homemade pesto.

    current favorite sandwiches:
    apple slices, brie cheese, honey mustard, onion and spinach leaves (butter the bread like in England!)
    sardines fried in tempura batter with carrots, cucumber, cilantro, sriracha, and some motherfucking kim chi or home-fermented seaweed sauer kraut.

    ce magnifique!

    also, we totally know each other, right? you're friends with David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo, it would be an honor to eat pizza and sandwiches with you. slice harvester has been an inspiration to me. no joke, it's def my fav food blog these days and i didn't even realize that it was written by someone i know until david told me recently.

    those are some out-there sandwiches i might have to try some/all of them. i want to experiment more with sweet and savory mixes (i would've never thought to put m&m's on tuna though!).

    i was actually talking to david about sardines the other day and how i like them but i don't know how to eat them and i think a sandwich is probably the answer cuz that sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete