Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Burrito

What makes a burrito is pretty simple, and yet a good one is hard to find. Often I've found that my favorite burritos are the ones I make myself. Ingredient ratios are crucial to a successful burrito but what these ratios actually are depends entirely on the person making it. Personally, I tend to like a lot of cheese and sour cream and not a lot of guac (cuz I can't really digest it) but I'm sure someone else would find such a burrito disgusting.

Last night's burrito: black beans simmered in pepperoncini brine with serrano peps and onion, white rice, a lil cheddar, tempeh, greek yogurt, homemade guac, really hot salsa, tomato, purple onion, and baby spinach. The photo really doesn't convey this.

Paired with: Miller high life and Chasing Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment